Connect with us

Court

26 Year Old Man Charged With Rape After Viral Voice Notes Leaked

NASSAU, BAHAMAS – 26-year-old Romeo Stuart Jr. is behind bars after he was charged with two counts of rape, in connection with a case that sparked widespread discussion on social media.

Published

on

NASSAU, BAHAMAS – 26-year-old Romeo Stuart Jr. is behind bars after he was charged with two counts of rape, in connection with a case that sparked widespread discussion on social media.

Stuart Jr. was arraigned Thursday morning in Magistrate’s Court Number 9, before Acting Chief Magistrate Ancella Evans.

He was not required to enter a plea to the charges, and was remanded to the Bahamas Department of Correctional Services.

The charges come days after purported voice notes began circulating online, allegedly capturing Stuart Jr. discussing an alleged encounter involving an 18-year-old woman.

Those recordings triggered widespread reaction online.

Police launched an investigation last Friday, after an 18-year-old woman reported that she had been travelling in a vehicle with a female friend and two men shortly before 4 that morning.

According to the initial police report, the woman said her friend was dropped off in the Bernard Road area, before the other male passenger was taken to his residence.

She told police that while the vehicle was later parked at the driver’s residence, she lost consciousness.

The woman reported regaining consciousness at around six that morning, and said the driver told her she was home.

Police say after returning to her residence, she reported that she had been sexually assaulted.

Stuart Jr. is due back before the court on February 4th, 2027 when a voluntary bill of indictment is expected to be served.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending